direct contact

Privacy and confidentiality

Professionals of the Ouder- en Kindteams Amsterdam independently and confidentially. We handle your data with the utmost care. The digital files can only be seen by employees who are directly involved with the help of your child. At times it can be helpful to share information with other professionals, such as your general practitioner. In principle, we only share information with others if parents and/or youths give their permission. 


Everything by agreement
As a parent, you will be in contact with one or more professionals in the Ouder- en Kindteams. This is generally a parent and child counsellor, but the paediatric nurse, paediatrician or paediatric psychologist may also be involved. You will work with the professional to determine what is needed, who can help with that and what is the best course of action for you. Everything is discussed and agreed upon with you, so you always know what to expect. No information will be shared with third parties without your permission outside of an exceptional situation.   


Youth health care
In Amsterdam, youth health care is part of the Ouder- en Kindteams Amsterdam. Basic health care for youths is free. For more information visit jeugdgezondheidszorg en privacy


Vragen of zorgen over gezondheid, opgroeien en opvoeden 
Heb je vragen of zorgen over gezondheid, opgroeien of opvoeden, dan kan altijd terecht bij het Ouder- en Kindteam in de wijk of de ouder- en kindadviseur via school. Je bent welkom voor tips, informatie en advies. Als er meer nodig is, dan maak je samen met de ouder- en kindadviseur een plan. Het plan wordt vastgelegd in een digitaal dossier. 


Digital file
Ouder- en Kindteams files are always digital. Your file is well secured and can only be accessed by Ouder- en Kindteams social workers involved with your child. As a parent, you always have the right to view your child’s file if they are under the age of 12. If you find something incorrect in the file, you can ask for it to be changed. If the child is between 12 and 16, you and your child can view the file and request amendments. If your child is 16 or older, they are in charge of that.


Information sharing
If a Ouder- en Kindteams social worker wants to consult with others about your situation, they will request permission in advance.

  • If your child is under the age of 12, that decision is up to you as a parent.
  • If your child is between 12 and 16, you and your child must give your consent together.
  • From the age of 16, your child has sole responsibility in this regard.


When the parent and child counsellor, paediatrician or paediatric psychologist asks for permission to share information, they will properly explain:

  • with whom they want to share information (e.g., GP, school, or a specialist);
  • exactly which information is involved
  • why they deem it necessary.

If a child’s health or safety is at risk, we follow the Domestic Violence and Child Abuse Obligatory Reporting Code. Parents will be informed of this. A social worker will register concerns or risks regarding a child in the Multisignal referral index. For more information, visit


If your child needs specialised care, the Ouder- en Kindteams social worker will provide the necessary referral. To that end, a “decision” is made that includes the child’s name, citizen service number (BSN) and the type of care needed. The decision is sent to the municipal authority for the administration of specialist care costs. You will receive a copy of the decision, which entitles you to the care listed in it.  


Questions or complaints about privacy
Do you have a question about how the Ouder- en Kindteams handles your information? Are you dissatisfied with how we handle your information? Do you have a complaint or tip for improvement? Contact Ouder- en Kindteams in your district today.